Current London Restaurant and Food NewsNews
London's Best Fish And Chips
The 'Great British Invention' will never go out of fashion with us here at LondonEats.com - but did you know that its most likely an Italian import around 150 years ago? Others argue that Fish and Chip shops were already flourishing in England, but then Italian immigrants took them to Scotland, Wales and Ireland.
Did you also know that Fish and Chips were one of the few foods NOT to be rationed in the War - because they were such a morale boosting institution? Watch out for National Fish and Chip day on the 25th June, until then you have plenty of time to sample some or ALL of the the following...
- Fryers Delight, Holborn - Cod and Chips £7.65
- Toff's, Highgate - Cod and Chips £9.50/£12.45
- Two Brothers, Finchley - Cod and Chips £14.05
- Sea Shell, Marylebone - Cod and Chips £14.95
- Fish Club, Wandsworth/Battersea - Cod and Chips £9.95
- Olley's, Herne Hill - Cod and Chips £12.45
- Fish Central, Barbican - Cod and Chips £9.90
- Poppies, Spitalfields - Cod and Chips £10.90
- The Fish House, Notting Hill - Cod and Chips £11.90
- Kerbisher & Malt, Shepherd's Bush - Cod and Chips £8.70
London Restaurant Features, Articles and News Archives
RSS / XML News Feeds
Automatically keep up-to-date on London restaurant customer reviews, new openings, and news and Articles. An RSS Reader is required to view news feed services.
RSS Latest Reviews (live reviews)
RSS New Restaurants in London (updates as appropriate)
RSS XML News Feed (regular news updates)